Sunday, November 1, 2015

#PiBoIdMo Day One Is In The Books...My Notebook That Is!

Good Evening!
Today marked day one of my first #PiBoIdMo (Picture Book Idea Month)!! For the whole month of November, each day I will be coming up with a new idea of some kind. It can be an idea for a whole book, a character, title, etc. and by the end of the month I will have a wonderful collection of ideas and notes to pull from in the future and a chance at some amazing prizes that could help launch my first book! My first idea made me actually giggle out loud when I thought of it! Unfortunately, I'm unable to share my ideas with you all. It would be too risky for others to snag them and make them their own before I could use them. But believe me, I am writing them down for myself!
I am proud to say that I bought an official 'note' book that fits in my purse so I will always have access to my notes and won't run the risk of forgetting something good!
Tomorrow I find out if I'm a finalist in the Halloweensie writing contest I entered last week. If I did make it into the list of finalists I will be counting on your votes to push me up into a ranked place!!! *wink wink*
Aside from my writing, this weekend was quite eventful. We celebrated my amazing sister in laws' birthday on Halloween with some Monster food and a lot of laughs. My son and nephews were absolutely adorable and had a blast trick or treating. My 4 year old nephew was a Lego skeleton, my 2 year old nephew was a combat swat guy complete with dog tags, and my little guy was a fireman. It was the first time trick or treating for the two youngest ones and it was adorable. They mastered the 'trick or treat' to get more candy rather quickly, although we will need to work on some etiquette for next year. My son wasn't quite patient enough when people were putting the candy into his pumpkin, he just took it right from their hand...oops! Lol
Today my awesome husband got up with the kiddo and I got to sleep in for the first time in I don't know how long! It was fabulous! I was able to relax, spend some quality time with my guys and managed to get some housework done while I was at it!
Hopefully I will be posting with great contest news tomorrow, but for now I'm heading to bed. I cannot believe it is November already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment