Thursday, November 5, 2015

Rhyming Can Be Fun!

Hi All!
I have recently devoted the time I have to write to working on a children's picture book inspired by my sons beloved stuffed Hippo he calls Heepo. It has been such a fun experience. Rhyming books, though fun to read, can be so difficult to write. I have been so lucky that this one seems to be going quite well. It has some work yet and who knows if any publishers will like it. But holy cuteness I enjoy this book! :)
I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I do. I have been able to count on them through the beginning of this writing process to send my pieces to and trust they are giving me honest constructive criticism back. Of course, right at the point I feel I've got a great version and I send it off to them, I get it back with notes hacking it to pieces. hehe. But once the inflated excitement balloon has filled itself back up I'm able to see what they were actually talking about and really use their advice to better the story itself.
I got myself a little pink notebook that fits in my purse so now I can write down any ideas that come to mind whenever they pop into my head. When I showed it to my husband, his comment was, 'You're like a real writer now!' hehe
I hope you're all having a fabulous day! Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment