Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Some Good Always Comes With The Bad

Hi All!
It is day three of #PiBoIdMo and I am having a blast! I've only got a few ideas written down so far, but they can blossom into something so much more. I've also gotten so much inspiration and encouragement from the daily guest bloggers. Today I've been able to work on one of my cute little picture book ideas inspired by my sons stuffed hippo who goes everywhere with him. And by everywhere, I mean, he sits on the bathroom counter while brushing teeth, he is shoved in his cubby at daycare every single day, and he has a special seat next to him in his car seat.
While I unfortunately wasn't named a finalist in the Halloweensie writing contest I am absolutely in love with the idea that I came up with for it. I plan to expand on it and hopefully get it into it's own full picture book option. The entries were all so wonderful!
Yesterday I ended up at the doctor for a sinus infection and decided to go home for the last half of my work day to let my new antibiotics kick in, rather than go back to work. Let's face it, when you have a foggy head there are a lot more 'Backspace' key strokes than on a normal day. But me being me, instead of going home and resting, I took the opportunity with the house to myself to clean. So I hauled out our vacuum that use to be my grandma's (she is 83 now), it has a canister and all. I was almost finished with the part of the house I really wanted to get to when I started to smell smoke. I thought, 'If I just go fast enough, I can finish.' Boy was I wrong. I managed to stop prior to any actual sparks or fire, but it did take over a half hour for the smoke smell to vacate our upstairs. So today...I got a brand new vacuum for the first time ever!!! I never thought I could be so excited about a new vacuum cleaner, but boy I cannot wait to check it out!!
I hope you're having a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment