Monday, November 9, 2015

Love This Writing Life!


Hi All!

I want to start by saying how much fun I am having getting back into my writing. It is a long grueling process if I ever think I’ll actually get published, but the writing and revising process is quite exciting. To explore and see what your different characters and plots can do, then when it doesn’t work, what else they can do is pretty fun.

I had the wonderful pleasure of attending Wordstock 2015 in PDX on Saturday. While it was a bit overwhelming, it was also extremely fun. I didn’t get to stay too long because I wasn’t feeling too great. But I was able to meet and introduce myself to the editors of Ripple Grove Press from Portland, OR who I’ve been following for awhile and hope to submit my work to in the future. I also purchased their book Too Many Tables! The artwork is absolutely thrilling and the book is so much fun! Next year my hope is to plan ahead much farther and take part in some of the workshops offered as well!

I have a couple books I am currently working on and the one I am knees deep in, or elbows deep in rather, lol is so adorable! I know, I’m talking about my own writing, but it’s one that I almost can’t even believe came from my own head. Once it is hashed out and perfect I will be so thrilled to send it off in hopes of a publisher loving it as much as I do. It’s a long way off, and may never come to fruition, but boy do I hope it does!

I am beyond elated that my high school art teacher, who just recently had his own children’s book published, has agreed to work with me. It is going to be so beneficial to have the help of an official children’s book author.

I am also trying to find some critique groups for children’s picture books as well. I think that will be a wonderful opportunity for me to grow and get to know more people in the children’s book world.

My weekend ended with a relaxing Sunday at home with my husband, son, and two cats and it couldn’t have been better. We had let my son buy some new toys with piggy bank money so he was enthralled with his new “Toy Set!” as he calls it. I was able to sit back and write while he was playing and my husband watched some football. Our cats have now become quite good buddies and we found them snuggling a few times(picture below)! The big one is Buddy and the little one is Pikku.

Thank you for stopping by and if you have any advice on finding a children’s picture book critique group please feel free to leave me a comment with the information!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment