Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Back To Life...Back To Reality


Hi all!

So sorry for the absence! Boy, has it been a week or what?! We had a whole weekend with no plans but to be home as a family and play! Come Saturday evening though, someone had other plans for us. Our little guy came down with a stomach virus…gross! I will spare you the details, but let me tell you, I have never seen so much come out of something so little. He finally passed out on a bed of towels around 11pm only to wake up bright and early at 6am and announce to me “Mommy, I’m better!” Which was great, don’t get me wrong, but I had slept next to him all night, and each noise he made I was on high alert in case we needed the bucket again…so 11pm to 6am of very interrupted sleep for mommy does not compute into as much energy as a 2.5 year old the morning after a stomach bug. Go figure!

Sunday went well for the little one thankfully. He was still a bit hesitant to eat, which I can’t blame him. But I woke up with one of the worst headaches ever. I’ve experienced these headaches since my teen years and have been through tests and medications, you name it, I’ve tried it. I finally discovered recently that if I take Zyrtec every single day that they don’t pop up as often, but if I miss a dose or two, man am I in for it. And sure enough with the chaos of sickness I had missed two full days of Zyrtec. My amazing husband really stepped up at this point as there were a few times that I fell asleep on the couch that I don’t even remember it happening. The pain was so bad that a few times I was just rolling on the bed trying to find some sort of pressure point on my head to press on and try to relieve some of the pain. Sunday and Monday are a complete blur to me, I couldn’t even sleep through the night because of it, the pain kept waking me up. I managed to make it to the Dr. yesterday and now have steroids for a short while and I see an ENT on Friday which I haven’t seen for my headaches yet. I am hopefully that they will be able to check something that hasn’t yet been checked on and maybe provide some sort of long term relief!

Anyway, onto my writing updates! I am super impressed with myself that I have been able to stay on track with PiBoIdMo so far!! I haven’t missed a day yet even with my house of sickness this past weekend. I even asked my son for some advice on what mommy should write about, his answer, “Draw circles mommy!” and “A book.” We have determined that he may only be 2.5, but he has already mastered the art of being a smart aleck without even knowing it. Most of the time when we ask what he’d like for dinner or lunch, his response is “food.” You just have to love the honestly of a toddler, lol. The circle suggestion didn’t quite go anywhere or make it into my notebook, however, his ‘book’ idea intrigued me a little. I may have a bit of an idea for something there, we’ll see how it computes to paper when I get a real chance to hash out my thoughts on it.

I was so excited to have been able to attend Wordstock PDX 2015! I wasn’t able to stay long because I wasn’t feeling too well, but I was able to meet Ripple Grove Press. They are a publishing company based out of Portland, OR, just a short distance from where I live. I have enjoyed following them on Facebook and Twitter and their work is just beautiful! Since then I have even been able to submit my own manuscript to them for their consideration. It is now a long 5 month or longer wait to know anything, but I am eager to hear any feedback they may be able to provide, positive or negative.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment