Monday, February 8, 2016

First Rejection Received....Check!

I apologize for the length of time between posts. During the holidays I had sinus surgery, enjoying time with family, and getting back to a normal schedule. I have continued to work on my writing and even have a completed manuscript!



I took part in a Twitter pitch event called #pit2pub and much to my amazement received the opportunity to submit my manuscript to a publisher for consideration! Just the opportunity was more than I could have asked for. I readied my query letter and sent it on it's way. Unfortunately it was rejected, however, I could not be more grateful for the chance and feedback received. The story itself they enjoyed, it was the mere fact that it did not fit what their company was looking for in age range and plot that caused the rejection. It is just the first of many and I am so happy that I have it under my belt.

I am looking forward to the next couple Twitter pitch events and continuing this journey. I am in the midst of another revision for one story that is very dear to me and I cannot wait until it is finished, but it is definitely not one I will be rushing.

I'm off to work on some writing and take advantage of my little one napping and being home from work early. It doesn't happen often!

I will check in again soon! And if anybody reading this knows of a publisher interested in a 0-3 year old fun rhyming picture book of an adventurous stuffed hippo, please feel free to contact me! :)

Much Love
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment